Thank you for your interest in this year’s annual Angel Tree supporting Brunson Elementary School!
Throughout the years, we have been able to increase the number of children who will receive a present when getting one from someone else might not happen. In 2019 we adopted 45 kids, in 2020 we had 55 kids, and this year we have been asked to help 75! The Missions Committee is excited to be able to help even more kids and we know that Calvary will be able to blow it out of the park again!
Since Brunson’s need has increased greatly throughout the years, we have set some guidelines to be able to help all the Angel Tree children.
How to Participate:
1. Select your angel and buy the gift!
- Amazon Wish List Instructions: Click the Amazon Wish List link to select your ornament. Most ornaments have two lines and will say “1 of 2” and “2 of 2”. Please purchase BOTH items. All items from the Amazon Wish List will be shipped to the Missions Committee. NO NEED TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE! The Amazon Wish List will ship to Hanna Jackson’s house to be sorted and bagged. When completing the checkout process make sure that it ships to Hanna Jackson, not your house.
- Amazon Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/26KBFWKU67XC6?ref_=wl_share
- SignUpGenius Instructions: Click the SignUpGenius link to pick a virtual ornament to buy ALL items while out doing your own Christmas shopping. These gifts need to be placed in a gift bag with the ornament number located somewhere on the bag.
- Monetary Donation Instructions: Send a monetary donation to the church office labeled Angel Tree and we will use it to buy gifts for any ornaments not selected. Please have donations to the office by Dec. 1!
2. Deliver the gift!
- Ordered through the Amazon Wish List? You are done! The Mission’s Committee will wrap and label your gift.
- Picked an ornament on the SignUpGenius? Return gifts to the church by December 5th (in a gift bag with ornament number) and place in the boxes located in the Narthex or lobby.
Please keep these guidelines in mind when making your purchase:
- Like years past, each student has requested a “need” and a “want.” PLEASE, stick to the gifts selected! Although we understand the desire to spoil the child with lots of gifts, we ask that you do not buy more than what is requested. If you are financially able to give more, take more ornaments. Brunson and the Mission’s Committee have determined that each student should have a budget of $50. IF that is too much for you, please do not feel like you need to spend that much (see notes 2 & 3). Since many students on our list have siblings that will also receive presents from Calvary’s Angel Tree, if one child receives an abundance of presents it can cause issues between the siblings.
- Brand name clothing items are not needed! Do not feel required to spend the majority of the student’s budget on the “need” item.
- Split an ornament with a friend! If the items requested are too much for your financial budget, get together with a friend to adopt a student.
- No Bikes! Brunson has told the parents that they need to keep within the budget determined, so no bikes are requested this year. If your fellowship, circle, Sunday School class, etc. donated bikes in the past, please pick multiple kids to spoil this year, spreading the Christmas Spirit!
Important Dates & Info:
- December 5th: Present Deadline- Place all presents not shipped to the Missions Committee in the boxes located in the Narthex and Lobby (in a gift bag with ornament number).
- December 14th: Missions Committee will play Santa and deliver the gifts to Brunson to be distributed by the staff!