600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
How to Join our Fellowship
There are five ways to become a member of our congregation:
- By baptism as a child, and confirmation of faith in later years.
- By baptism as an adult. This is for persons who were not baptized as children, who profess faith in Jesus Christ as Lord, and who desire to become members of the church.
- By Reaffirmation of Faith. This is for persons who have previously confirmed their faith (by confirmation or adult baptism) but who have not been active members of a congregation for some time.
- By transfer of membership from another Moravian or Christian Church by persons reaffirming their faith. This is particularly for persons in good standing of another congregation who wish to to change their membership. A letter of transfer, or similar commendation, is required from the former congregation.
Membership in all categories is reviewed and approved by the Board of Elders.
Communicant members of this congregation in good standing may transfer their membership to another Moravian congregation or to the congregation of another Christian Church and retain an associate membership in this congregation provided that the following conditions are fulfilled:
- They apply in writing for permission to retain an associate membership when they request a letter of tranfer.
- They pay in full the annual assessment for associate members fixed by the Board of Trustees.
What We Expect of our Members
Our Rules and Regulations outline what is expected of those wishing to unite with our congregation:
- Seek to be a sincere follower of Jesus Christ.
- Attend worship regularly.
- Participate regularly in the Holy Communion.
- Contribute to the financial support of the Church as the Lord prospers, and pay in full all pledges made for the support of the church. Members at any time may change their pledge or ask to be excused from financial support of the Church.
- Conform to the provisions of the Moravian Covenant for Christian Living and the Rules and Regulations of this congregation.
Who do I contact if I want to join?
Our pastors will be glad to discuss this with you. An appointment can be made with the pastors to visit your home or you may make an appointment with one of our pastors at the church. Please call the church office to schedule a time to speak with a pastor.
Annually or bi-annually the pastor will hold a series of Inquirer's classes covering the history, doctrine and practice of the Moravian Church. These classes usually last from 4-6 weeks and are offered from 9:45-10:45 am on Sunday mornings. Notice will be given as to when these classes are offered each year in the monthly newsletter and the weekly bulletin.
In This Section
News & Events
- NEW! Calvary Weekly News: April 20-30, 2017
- April 2017 "Calvary Mid-Month Update" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- April 24, 2017, Joint Board, 6:30 pm. followed by Elders and Trustees meetings
- April 25, 2017, Memorial Service for Harry Spencer "Sonny" Davis, Jr., 7:00 pm; visitation 5:00 pm to 6:45 pm (Fellowship Hall)
- April 26, 2017, May 2017 "Calvary Connection" newsletter Assembly Team (2nd floor foyer)
- April 26, 2017, Chancel Choir, 7:00 pm
- April 30, 2017, Third Sunday of Easter, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- May 1, 2017, Music and Worship Committee, 6:30 pm (Burke)
- May 3, 2017, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- May 7, 2017, Fourth Sunday of Easter, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- May 8, 2017, Missions Committee, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- May 9, 2017, Circle #3, 7:00 pm (residence of Jan Bullins)
- May 10, 2017, Calvary Moravian Friends Planning, 10:15 am (Burke)
- May 10, 2017, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- May 11, 2017, Christian Education Committee, 6:30 pm (Burke)
- May 14, 2017, Fifth Sunday of Easter, Mother's Day, Moravian Music Sunday and observance of Calvary's 124th Anniversary, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- May 16, 2017, Petersbrook RCC, 7:00 pm (location TBD)
- May 17, 2017, June 2017 "Calvary Connection" newsletter closing date/time, 4:30 pm
- May 17, 2017, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- May 21, 2017, Sixth Sunday of Easter, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- May 23, 2017, Stephen Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- May 24, 2017, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- May 26-29, 2017, Memorial Day Weekend (church office closed May 29)
- May 28, 2017, Ascension Sunday, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- May 29, 2017, Memorial Day/Provincial Holiday (church office closed all day)
- June 4, 2017, Day of Pentecost and Graduate Recognition Sunday, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- June 11, 2017, Trinity Sunday, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 18, 2017, Second Sunday after Pentecost and Father's Day, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worhip, 11:00 am
- June 25, 2017, Third Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worhip, 11:00 am
- Calvary Congregation Watchword for 2017 (drawn on January 1): [Jesus Christ spoke to his disciples:] "I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.