600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Welcome to Calvary Moravian
Daily Text for Wednesday, May 25th
Watchword For the Day
The Lord will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, so that you will not dash your foot against a stone.Psalm 91:11
Paul wrote: The Lord stood by me and gave me strength.2 Timothy 4:17
We forget that you, God, are our strength and stay, and even in our busyness we weary ourselves as we go about our day-to-day chores. In our hearts you are asking us to rest in you. Forgive us; bring us to the awareness that you alone give us true rest. In your name we pray. Amen.
Calvary Moravian Church has been sharing the love of God in the heart of Winston-Salem since 1893! You might say we're a traditional church with a contemporary message. We hope this website will help familiarize you with our ministry and answer any questions you might have. As a result of your visit, we do hope you'll plan to come and be our guest at worship one Sunday or feel free to participate in any of our ministries
If you're looking for a place to belong, where you can be accepted and loved, Calvary Moravian might just be the place for you.
Second Sunday after Pentecost
May 29, 2016, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Inquirer's Class, 9:30 am, Worship, 11:00 am
News & Events
- Calvary Weekly News: May 19-29, 2016
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- NEW! June 2016 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- May 2016 Calendar
- NEW! June 2016 Calendar
- Calvary Moravian Friends May 26 Tour!
- May 25, 2016, June 2016 Newsletter Assembly, 10:00 am (2nd floor foyer)
- May 25, 2016, Weekly Bible Study, 12 Noon (Burke) [last session until fall 2016)
- May 25, 2016, Safe Sanctuary, 3:30 pm (Burke)
- May 25, 2016, Chancel Choir, 7:00 pm
- May 26, 2016, Calvary Moravian Friends Tour of New Winston Museum, 1:00 pm
- May 27-30, 2016, Memorial Day Weekend, Church Office Closed on May 30
- May 29, 2016, Second Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- May 29, 2016, Inquirer's Class IV (last class), 9:30 am (Fellowship Hall)
- May 30, 2016, Memorial Day, Provincial Holiday, Church Office Closed All Day
- June 1, 2016, Chancel Choir, 7:00 pm
- June 5, 2016, Third Sunday after Pentecost and Youth Sunday/Graduate Recognition, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's 2016 Congregational Watchword (drawn on January 3, 2016): "For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light - for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true." (Ephesians 5:8-9)
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.