600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Welcome to Calvary Moravian
Daily Text for Wednesday, June 29th
Watchword For the Day
When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God.Deuteronomy 8:10
God has not left himself without a witness in doing good—giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, and filling you with food and your hearts with joy.Acts 14:17
Let us praise you with joyous hearts for our many blessings: for enough food to nourish our bodies; for love and fellowship; for our warm and comfortable homes; for the convenience technology brings to our lives; for health, strength, and energy; and for the beauty that we find in nature. Thank you. Amen.
Calvary Moravian Church has been sharing the love of God in the heart of Winston-Salem since 1893! You might say we're a traditional church with a contemporary message. We hope this website will help familiarize you with our ministry and answer any questions you might have. As a result of your visit, we do hope you'll plan to come and be our guest at worship one Sunday or feel free to participate in any of our ministries
If you're looking for a place to belong, where you can be accepted and loved, Calvary Moravian might just be the place for you.
Seventh Sunday after Pentecost
July 3, 2016, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am, "National Occasions" Observance
News & Events
- NEW! Calvary Weekly News: June 24-July 3, 2016
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- June 2016 "Calvary Mid-Month Newsletter." Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- June 2016 Calendar
- June 29, 2016, July 2016 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am (2nd floor foyer)
- July 3, 2016, Seventh Sunday after Pentecost and Observance of "National Occasions," Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 4, 2016, Independence Day Holiday/Provincial Holiday (Church Office closed all day)
- July 4, 2016, Independence Day Service, 8:30 am (Salem Square), sponsored by Home Church; Moravian Band prelude beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- July 5, 2016, Salem Band Concert, 7:30 pm (Salem Square); theme: "Annual Patriotic Concert"
- July 10, 2016, Eighth Sunday after Pentecost and Observance of the Martyrdom of John Hus (July 6, 1415), Sunday School, 9:45 am, Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- July 17, 2016, Ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 18, 2016, Joint Board, 6:30 pm (Fellowship Hall), followed by Elders and Trustees meetings
- July 24, 2016, Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 31, 2016, Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's 2016 Congregational Watchword (drawn on January 3, 2016): "For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light - for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true." (Ephesians 5:8-9)
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.